Basic Marketing Functions - 4%
1. Explain the marketing concept and describe the benefits of marketing.
2. Explain the functions in marketing goods and services.
3. Identify the elements of the marketing mix (product, price, place, and promotion).
4. Describe the process for new product and service development.
5. Explain the rationale for extending product line.
6. Explain the functions of packaging.
7. Describe the importance of branding, packaging, and labeling.
8. Describe factors (features, benefits, price, quality, competition, brand loyalty) used by marketers to position products and services.
9. Identify and explain factors that influence a product’s price (cost, quality, competition, brand loyalty).
10. Demonstrate knowledge of basic advertising terms.
Personal Selling and Sales Promotion - 4%
Traditional Advertising Media - 4%
Alternative Forms of Advertising Media - 4%
Branding and Positioning - 4%
Advertising and the Economy - 4%
Promotion - 3%
Advertising and Public Relation - 3%
The Advertising Plan - 4%
Creation of the Advertisement - 3%
Consumer - Oriented Advertising - 3%
Financial Planning for Advertising - 5%
Consumer Behavior - 3%
Consumer Purchase Classifications - 4%
Influences on Consumer Behavior - 2%
The Target Market - 2%
Market Segmentation - 4%
Product Development - 2%
Product Life Cycle - 2%
Price Planning - 2%
Channels of Distribution/Supply Chain Management - 4%
Types of Promotion - 2%
Marketing Research for Advertising - 2%
Developing an Effective Sales Promotion Strategy - 2%
Consumer Oriented Advertising and Sales Promotion - 2%
Types of Communication - 2%
Effective Advertising and Promotional Message - 2%
Legal and Ethical Issues Affecting Advertising - 2%
Ethics in Advertising - 2%
Advertising in a Multicultural Market (Global Vision) - 5%
Diversity and Advertising - 2%
History of Advertising - 1%
Influences on Advertising - 1%
The Advertising Industry and Careers - 2%
The Internet and Advertising - 1%
Self Regulation - 1%
Cross Cultural Communication - 1%