1. Use tools, equipment, machinery, and technology appropriate to work within areas related to AFNR.
2. Define what level of possible contamination or injury is considered a risk in order to set safety priorities.
3. Identify insurance needs used in agricultural business, including: property, health, life, crop and liability, (personal and environmental).
4. Develop response plans to handle emergencies.
5. Identify hazards and acquire first aid skills to promote environmental safety.
6. Examine required regulations to maintain/improve safety, health, and environmental management systems and sustainable business practices.
7. Enact procedures that demonstrate the importance of safety, health, and environmental responsibilities in the workplace.
8. Demonstrate methods to correct common hazards.
9. Demonstrate application of personal and group health and safety practices.