Banking and Financial Systems
Specific cases are given during the conference. The case will be a Problem or a Scenario encountered in the banking or financial business community.
Banking and Financial Systems is a ‘Collaborative Object Test and Role Play Event’. These events consist of two parts: an objective test and an interactive role play.
Scroll down for object test subtopics.
Two 4″ by 6″ not cards will be provided to each competitor and may be used during event preparation and performance. Information may be written on both sides of the note cards. Note cards will be collected after the presentation.
No Additional Reference Materials Allowed
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Performance Time: 7 minutes
2010 FBLA Banking and Financial Systems
Here’s an example from 2010 of the event.
1. Demonstrate effective techniques to gather, communicate, and manage client information.
2. Create and/or complete documents to process information.
3. Utilize available techniques to effectively serve customers.
4. Use account knowledge to perform bookkeeping/accounting functions (including payroll) and execute financial transactions.
5. Analyze financial activities and compile business transaction data to report financial information—balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement.
6. Understand the importance of audits and regulations.
7. Perform Banking Operations such as opening and closing teller stations, processing loans, processing deposits and withdrawals, etc.
8. Understand the Federal Reserve System.
9. Understand the role of FDIC.
10. Describe the check clearing system.
11. Possess general knowledge of checking, savings, loans, certificates of deposit, investments, IRAs, customer services, trust services, ATMs, and credit/debit cards.
12. Implement loan procedures from beginning to closure.
13. Maintain records and reports to manage investments, cash, loans, and other banking procedures.
14. Handle customer inquiries and situations such as interpreting business policies.
15. Identify consumer protection provisions of appropriate agencies.
16. Implement safe and secure environment controls to enhance productivity and minimize loss.
17. Practice Safety and Security Procedures such as identifying valid currency, recognizing potential risk customers, and securing cash.