1. Identify the costs, benefits, and sources of various types of credit.
2. Calculate sales tax and compute total price with sales tax.
3. Compute total purchase price with interest/finance charges added.
4. Compute the costs involved in owning and buying an item such as an automobile, appliances, home, or furniture.
5. Compute finance charges for single payment loans.
6. Calculate installment loan costs such as amount financed, installment price, finance charge, and installment payment.
7. Find the estimated annual percentage rate (APR) using a table.
8. Compare costs of leasing and buying.
9. Find the finance charge and new balance using the average daily balance method.
10. Read amortization tables to determine payment, interest and balance.
11. Compute Annual and monthly Percentage Rate for credit cards or loan.
12. Find the monthly mortgage payment.
13. Find the total interest on a mortgage and the PITI.
14. Prepare a partial amortization schedule of a mortgage.
15. Compare the total interest paid on a 15-year and 30-year fixed rate mortgage.
16. Define and compare the interest only, fixed rate, and adjustable rate loans.