Database Design Applications
1. Explain the principles of data analysis.
2. Evaluate and compare a variety of database programs for features and functions.
3. Determine when it is appropriate to use a database and identify the benefits derived.
4. Demonstrate correct use of database terminology.
5. Plan, design, and create a database file.
6. Construct database using appropriate inputting, formatting, and editing skills.
7. Set and modify field properties including limit field size, number formats, date/time formats, yes/no formats, validation rules, and input masks.
8. Distinguish between different field types.
9. Define and modify field names and data types.
10. Manipulate a database.
11. Import and export data into and from a database.
12. Save database objects as file types.
13. Use the Help feature of database software.
14. Compact and repair a database.
15. Produce documents integrating word processing, database, spreadsheet, and presentation files.