Specific cases are given during the conference. The case will be a decision‐making problem encountered by entrepreneurs in one or more of the following areas: business planning, human relations, financial management, or marketing.
Entrepreneurship is a ‘Collaborative Object Test and Role Play Event’. These events consist of two parts: an objective test and an interactive role play.
Scroll down for objective test subtopics.
Two 4″ by 6″ not cards will be provided to each competitor and may be used during event preparation and performance. Information may be written on both sides of the note cards. Note cards will be collected after the presentation.
No Additional Reference Materials Allowed
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Performance Time: 7 minutes
1. Explain the benefits and liabilities of starting a business.
2. Identify characteristics and technical skills needed by entrepreneurs.
3. Evaluate the types of business ownership/organization structure and understand the advantages and disadvantages of each.
4. Conduct initial feasibility study by identifying industry trends, competition, and market segment using various research techniques.
5. Select a business opportunity based on research.
6. Create a company vision, mission, and short- and/or long-term strategic goals and plans.
7. Determine business start-up date and location.
8. Develop and implement financial/budgeting plans including start-up costs and funding needed to begin the business.
9. Develop an organizational chart with staffing/human resource plans including job descriptions and recruitment techniques.
10. Prepare a management plan that incorporates legal requirements, business protection, quality control, and operations.