Hospitality and Event Management
Specific cases are given during the conference. The case will be a scenario in the hospitality management and event planning industry.
Hospitality and Event Management is a ‘Collaborative Object Test and Role Play Event’. These events consist of two parts: an objective test and an interactive role play.
Scroll down for object test subtopics.
Two 4″ by 6″ not cards will be provided to each competitor and may be used during event preparation and performance. Information may be written on both sides of the note cards. Note cards will be collected after the presentation.
No Additional Reference Materials Allowed
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Performance Time: 7 minutes
1. Describe the basic concepts of marketing as they relate to the hospitality industry.
2. Define the seven key marketing functions (Selling, Marketing Information Management, Financing, Pricing, Promotion, Product/Service Management, and Distribution).
3. Define service marketing and how it relates to the hospitality industry.
4. Explain the impact of travel and tourism on the U.S. economy as well as worldwide.
5. Describe various advertising strategies for the hospitality industry.
6. Explain public relations and publicity as they relate to the hospitality industry.
7. Explain the role of demographics as it relates to hospitality management.
8. Describe market segmentation and meeting the needs of various target markets in the hospitality industry.
9. Explain the product and service mix for various types of hospitality businesses.
10. Describe marketing strategies for the hospitality industry.