Introduction to Business Communication
2. Identify the difference between adverbs and adjectives.
3. Identify the categories of pronouns and uses of reflexive pronouns.
4. Identify features of prepositions and uses of prepositional phrases.
5. Identify types of conjunctions.
6. Use a verb that correctly agrees with the subject of a sentence.
7. Describe the types of verbs and demonstrate the six tenses.
8. Use irregular verbs and their different forms properly and distinguish between transitive and intransitive verbs.
9. Identify subjects, predicates, verbs, adverbs, pronouns, direct and indirect objects, and prepositional and infinitive phrases in sentences.
10. Select pronouns properly and use them correctly in a sentence.
11. Correctly use a possessive noun in a sentence.
12. Create the plural form of a noun.
13. Identify and correct misplaced and dangling modifiers.
14. Describe and write the four kinds of sentences—declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory.
15. Recognize types of sentence fragments, run-on sentences, and double negatives.
16. Recognize and correct problems in grammar and usage including, but not limited to, completeness, agreement, reference, and form.
17. Write clear, descriptive sentences in a variety of sentence patterns (e.g., simple, compound, complex, and compound-complex).
18. Write logical, coherent phrases, sentences, and paragraphs, incorporating correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.