Introduction to Event Planning
Specific cases are given during the conference. The case will be a scenario in the event planning industry.
Introduction to Event Planning is a ‘Collaborative Object Test and Role Play Event’. These events consist of two parts: an objective test and an interactive role play.
Scroll down for objective test subtopics.
Underclassmen only (9th/10th grade)
Two 4″ by 6″ not cards will be provided to each competitor and may be used during event preparation and performance. Information may be written on both sides of the note cards. Note cards will be collected after the presentation.
No Additional Reference Materials Allowed
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Performance Time: 7 minutes
1. Explain the importance of listening to the customer.
2. Understand the value that the customer associates with their personal event.
3. Understand the demographics of customers for different types of events.
4. Plan events that fit the budget of customers.
5. Meet the expectations of event customers.
6. Explain the event contract to the customer.
7. Explain important communication skills for event planners.
8. Demonstrate an appreciation of the event value for the customer.
9. Understand related needs and services for event participants.
10. Manage customer expectations and implement communication check points.
11. Explain how to handle objections and difficult clients.
12. Determine strategies to help indecisive clients make firm decisions.
13. Explain the power of customer service feedback on social media.