Sports and Entertainment Management
Specific cases are given during the conference. The case will be a problem outlining the understanding and awareness of sports and entertainment issues within today’s society.
Sports and Entertainment Management is a ‘Collaborative Object Test and Role Play Event’. These events consist of two parts: an objective test and an interactive role play.
Scroll down for objective test subtopics.
Two 4″ by 6″ not cards will be provided to each competitor and may be used during event preparation and performance. Information may be written on both sides of the note cards. Note cards will be collected after the presentation.
No Additional Reference Materials Allowed
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Performance Time: 7 minutes
1. Recognize the importance of marketing to the sports and entertainment industry.
2. Explain the seven marketing functions and their importance in sports and entertainment.
3. Describe the steps in developing a market research project.
4. Identify the challenges, obstacles, and limitations associated with sports and entertainment marketing.
5. Discuss the significance of the four P’s to the target market.
6. Compare and contrast the differences of the marketing mix components in sports and entertainment.
7. Analyze the various pricing strategies and factors that affect pricing sports and entertainment products.
8. Calculate the markup of sports and entertainment products.
9. Examine ticket sales policies/strategies in sports and entertainment.
10. Identify types of market segmentation.
11. Discuss the issues related to branding strategies of products in sports and entertainment.
12. Examine product lines for sports and entertainment organizations (including manufacturing costs).
13. Describe why sports/entertainment organizations implement promotions.
14. Determine the role of advertising technology in sports and entertainment.
15. Evaluate the advertising forms (print, broadcast, specialty, social media, etc.) suitable in the sports and entertainment industry.
16. Assess demographic and geographic considerations related to sports and entertainment.
17. Explain the central focus of the marketing concept.
18. Explain the reasons for increased entertainment options.
19. Explain the importance of understanding buyer behavior when making marketing decisions.
20. List and describe means of collecting marketing information for use in decision making.
21. Define market segmentation.
22. Explain the importance of outstanding customer service.
23. Explain what it means to establish a service culture.
24. Explain the role of travel and tourism in sports and entertainment.
25. Explain how marketers determine direction and focus for a marketing plan.
26. List and describe the components of a marketing plan.
27. Define the product mix, product extension, and product enhancement.
28. List and describe the components of the product mix.
29. Explain the high cost for sports and entertainment events.
30. Define customizing.
31. Describe the financial impact of Baby Boomers on the sports and entertainment industry.
32. List and describe the stages of the product life cycle.
33. Explain how products are positioned in the marketplace.