1. Key alphabetic, numeric, and symbol information using a touch system and correct techniques.
2. Increase keyboarding speed and accuracy.
3. Demonstrate the use of the backspace, delete, and insert keys.
4. Explain the purpose and features of help menu.
5. Manipulate data/software/operating system using function keys, icons, touch screens, bars, and pull-down menus.
6. Demonstrate a basic understanding of issues regarding software copyright, software licensing, and software copying.
7. Discriminate between ethical and unethical uses of computers and information.
8. Identify steps in the word processing cycle with correct use of word processing terminology.
9. Explain the difference between a soft return and a hard return/page break.
10. Describe the difference between horizontal and vertical centering.
11. Describe shortcut keys/commands.
12. Set and clear tabs in a document.